Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Life in the Fullest Form

So there’s this pin that I have.

It’s on my “Things that make me swoon board”.

Pinned Image

Via

It’s pretty inviting.

Makes me want to sit down with a glass of sweet tea and read a book.

Something about this picture has made over 500 (YES, FIVE HUNDRED!) people pin it to one of their boards. Over 75 people have liked it. And that’s just the people who’ve taken it from me, there’s no counting the times it’s been passed around pinterest.

What is it about this picture that makes so many people want a piece of it?

I happen to think that this porch gives us a glimpse into a time gone by. A time when people stopped what they were doing after dinner and retreated to places like this.

Can’t you just see families and friends laughing together?

Life to it’s fullest, that’s what people are looking for.

How can we have the life we crave when we are moving from one thing to the next, never slowly down to actually thank God for all that He’s brought into our life?

My friends and I are reading “One Thousand Gifts” by Ann Voskamp. The author is challenged by a friend to write down one thousand “gifts”. This tasks starts a radical change in Ann. She begins to finally understand what “life in the moment” means. (No kidding, she actually uses those words!)

Of course, I am incredibly intrigued by this book because it fits to easily into my blog and mission to fully live my life in the moment. 

Since starting my own list of “gifts”, I noticed more and more the simple things around  that cause me to pause and say thank you to God.

The other day I was thankful for pink lipstick. In the book it went, next to my thankfulness for the possibilities I see at my job. However simple or mundane, deep or profound my thanks seem, I write them down.

Slowing my life down to thank the One who’s given me this life gives a deeper appreciation for the today. It helps me to fully grasp this “Life in the Moment”.

What have you thanked God for today?

No comments: